If you do not have health insurance and are in need of COVID-19 testing, treatment or vaccination, the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) has you covered.
Who can get services?
- Anyone without health insurance, no matter their immigration status
- A social security number and/or government ID may be requested, but is NOT required
- If they request this information, it is only to confirm you do not have insurance
- Accessing services will NOT affect your immigration status and will NOT be shared with immigration agencies
What is free?
- Testing, treatment, and vaccines for COVID-19
- If you receive a bill related to COVID-19 testing, treatment, or vaccination, ask your provider to bill the HRSA COVID-19 Uninsured Program instead of you directly
- If you’ve already paid for COVID-19 testing, treatment, or vaccination and receive a bill, you may be owed a refund; speak to the person or facility who sent the bill for a payment cancellation or refund
- If they still do not cancel the bill or issue a refund, contact the HHS Office of Inspector General Hotline at 1-800-HHS-TIPS (1-800-447-8477) or visit https://TIPS.HHS.gov to file a complaint
How is it free?
A federal Uninsured Program covers COVID-19 services to anyone without insurance.
For more information: